Thursday, September 25, 2008

You lost me at "subverts social hierarchies and rejects established power structures"

How can you tell J. Nelson-Seawright's latest post is intended to ingratiate himself among the Bloggernacle intelligentsia rather than make a significant point about a controversial topic?

The phrase "subverts social hierarchies and rejects established power structures." At that point, 99% of the membership (if they even got that far) would roll their eyes and go do something more important like help the widow down the street clean her rain gutters.

The entire post can be summarized thus: "Look how cool and nuanced I am. Please lavish praise upon me. I crave your approval."

[Notice how they call Adam un-Christlike because Adam actually espouses the church's position. Then they ban him when he calls them on it. Now, Adam is quite bizarre, I grant you (though not nearly as bizarre as anon-Dan-spam the lame Democrat), but he deserves better. Actually, now that I think about it, he doesn't.]

No comments: